Well-Man & Well-Woman Check
Stay on top of your health with this ‘top to toe’ detailed review.
An annual Well-Woman or Well-Man check can help identify potential health issues before they become a problem.
Early detection gives you have the best chance of getting the right treatment quickly and living a longer, healthier life.
The benefits of regular check-ups include:
- Reduce your risk of getting sick.
- Detect potentially life-threatening health conditions or diseases early.
- Increase chances for treatment and cure.
- Limit the risk of complications by closely monitoring existing conditions.
In this check-up, we will identify significant health risks, especially risk of cardiovascular disease, skin, lung, bowel, breast and prostate cancers, and depression, as well as a review of lifestyle factors that contribute to health or risk.
If there are any areas of concern we’ll work with you to make a plan to address and monitor any issues.
Depending on your preference you will do a blood test either before or after the consultation. The routine tests are a blood count, liver and kidney blood tests, glucose and cholesterol levels, and PSA prostate cancer test for men if appropriate.
If any issues are identified on the questionnaire or during the consultation, other tests will be arranged.
The consultation with the doctor and nurse takes 45 minutes and is $175.
- previous & current medical problems
- family medical history for relevant risks
- lifestyle review including alcohol, smoking, drug consumption and exercise
- ‘top to toe’ set of health questions
- height, weight, waist circumference
- pulse, blood pressure
- skin, lymph glands
- heart, lungs, abdomen
- prostate gland for men if appropriate
- women’s breast or gynaecological examinations if relevant. Chaperones are available.
- other physical examination as appropriate
- a discussion of any significant issues and formulating a plan to address and monitor any risks
- if required referrals for other tests or to specialists, or a follow up appointment. These costs are not included in the fee.
Occasionally, more significant medical issues may be identified which are more important than working through the health check plan. If this happens we will discuss changing the plan to address those issues, and come back to the general check-up at a later point.
Take charge of your health. Book your Well-Man or Well-Woman check today.